I’ve had too much caffeine.
It’s 11 p.m…I feel like I just woke up and went skydiving.
I was at Starbucks tonight to help edit a bible study.
I learned some things about myself:
– I should not drink Chai Tea late in the evening…or in public.
– I should not eat a cupcake after drinking tea. I thought maybe it would be so much sugar that I would crash and want to nap. Not so dear friends. I’m as chatty as a chipmunk and as jittery as a jellyfish..
– I’m one of a handful of people who immediately think of Jean Luc Picard and the whole Star Trek crew when I see or hear the word, “engage”.
– I, and everyone else who lives in 1947, think the phrase, “For the birds” means that something is of no worth. It couldn’t possibly be referring to real birds…right?
– I have a giant bible. It’s the size of a dictionary.
– I find it embarrassing to lug a GIANT bible into a Starbucks.
– I immediately find myself laughing at the fact that I find the WORDS OF GOD that give people LIFE embarrassing, but I’m not ashamed of buying a huge donut. Apparently I’m fine with being profiled as a sugar addict, but not fine with being seen as a Christian.
– I should expect a man to walk up to me five seconds after I decide (after praying for strength) that the bible is a good thing to be seen with. He starts talking to me about GOD!!! Who’d have thunk it.
– I should start carrying my giant bible around with me more (literally and figuratively speaking). Lets talk about Jesus!
“…shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life…” Philippians 2:15b-16a